A.K.A., Hey, girl, get out of my brain.
A.K.A., They said it better.
An incomplete list of some of the blogs I love best for your further readiSurviving Our Blessings. Funny story. When we first moved to Virginia, I walked into a church gathering and experienced a weird moment of vertigo, because I kew this woman, and I didn’t know how, and then I realized I knew her FROM THE INTERNET and couldn’t decide if it would be creepy or flattering to tell her, but I did, because I am creepy. And she likes me anyway.
- A Quiet Quest. Independent of each other, we manage to write basically the same posts, except she is a poet and much better cook.
- Emily C. Gardner. We were housed together through our Oxford study abroad program for being early risers, but our love for Austen, Lewis, Montgomery, Nutella and more unites us even now, almost ten (!!!) years later. So glad to have this West Coast gal on the dark side with me now.
- Fueled by Diet Coke. She’s another souvenir of my time in England, although she was in J’s London program. Our children are basically the same people.
- Mama Needs Coffee. Her insights are always challenging me.
- Carrots for Michaelmas. My sister in law is her god sister so we are probably related?
- Catholic All Year. One of the first Catholic blogs I followed. Her indefatigability and unflappability (are those words?) are mesmerizingly outside my realm but also aspirational.
Books (forever a work in progress)
- Creating with God: The Holy, Messy Blessedness of Pregnancy (Sarah Jobe)
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kid: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting (Laura Markham)
- The Blue Jay’s Dance: A Birth Year (Louise Erdrich)
- What Mothers Do: Especially When It Looks Like Nothing (Naomi Stadlen)
- A Mother’s Rule of Life: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul (Holly Pierlot)
- Keeping House: The Litany of Everyday Life (Margaret Kim Peterson)
- In this House of Brede (Rumer Godden)
- Lost in the Cosmos: A Last Self-Help Book (Walker Percy)
- Literature You Should Read Because You Are Alive In This Beautiful World
- Anne of Green Gables and also while you’re at it Anne of the Island, Rilla of Ingleside and The Blue Castle at a very minimum.
- Persuasion or Mansfield Park or Sense and Sensibility but probably all to be on the safe side.